Being a market leader isn't that easy, neither it is easy for the flagship to hold the pole position for the march. Apart from that, only having a flagship isn't enough to claim for the spot and when you have a whole line-up of phones across the various price points and still continue to make out a potential bestseller, you call it nothing but the “mini” . The Samsung Galaxy SIII mini has got a lot of faces to turn up to but apart from the hereditary aesthetics, it has got enough under the hood to make it’s own way with the nomenclature marking the signature to be trusted.
So as they say, it all begins with rooting the phone to get along with the development process, which, in today’s scenario is one of the key factors in determining the success of a handset. It has been only a month or so that the Galaxy SIII Mini has hit the shelves and we have this tutorial up an on for you get your brand new phone rooted to ease out the enthusiast in you. This is actually a flashable ROM or you can call it a rooted copy of the stock one. So, as this is the first one for the device, anyways it’s going to be the traditional Odin method of flashing the ROM via the download mode.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
We are not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Flash Rooted Stock ROM via Odin on your Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini -
Odin is a tool used to flash ROM's on Samsung phones and can also be used to flash the rooted Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini.
- Download the Rooted stock ROM for Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini
For - I8190XXALL2_I8190OXXALL1 - Here
For - I8190XXALK6_I8190XEFALL1 - Here
For - I8190XXALJL_I8190OXXALJ8 - Here
For - I8190XXALK6_I8190XEFALK1 - Here
- Download any one, According to your Build Version.
- To Check your Build Version Go to Settings > About Device > Scroll Down & See the Baseband Version.
- Extract the file to a separate folder in your PC.
- Now Download Odin & Extract it Anywhere. You will get a "Odin3 v1.85.exe"
- You must have KIES or Samsung Driver Installed on your PC.
- After Downloading & Installing Kies or Drivers Reboot your PC. So that the Drivers are Installed Properly.
- Boot your phone into download mode. To do this, Switch Off your Phone. Remove the Battery & re-insert it Again. Press Volume Down + Power + Home button together. After this, press Volume Up button and you will enter into download mode.
- Open Odin [ "Odin3 v1.85.exe" File ] and Connect your phone to the PC. The ID:Com section in Odin should turn yellow. If not, you need to check your drivers.
- In Odin, Click on PDA and browse the files you downloaded in Step 1. In the PDA section, select the file whose name has “PDA” in it [ It is a tar File ]
- Leave rest of the Sections Empty.
- Click on Start button.
- Flashing will be done in few minutes and you will see “PASS” written in Odin on a green background.
- For some reason it’s impossible for this device to be booted into recovery mode by a combination of buttons.
If you want to do wipe the data or have a factory reset or if you have a boot loop problem, flash the file WIPE_I8190.zip (the tar file inside zip) via odin in PDA, it will do wipe data automatically.
If you've passed in all the steps mentioned above, you have just rooted your phone and in order to check it, look for the “Superuser” icon in the application drawer.
You Can Check Original Post if you Face any Problem. - Here
For any more Queries Comment Below.
You Can get all the News Update about this Phone [ Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini ] - Here