Unlock Sony Xperia U Bootloader will help you to root your phone and can install custom ROM’s and some other apps that need a root access. The U is a good android phone comes with 5 megapixel primary camera and 0.3 secondary camera. And Android 2.3 Gingerbread as its Operating System. Here is a guide to unlock the bootloader of the
- First, you should confirm that it is possible to unlock the boot loader of your phone by checking the service menu. In your phone, open the dialler and enter to access the service menu.
- In your phone, tap . If says , then you can continue with the next step. If it says , or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.
- Now Go-to Sony Mobile Xperia U Bootloader Page – Here
- At the bottom of the page you can see the Continue button and "click it".
- Then it will ask you “Are you really Sure?” click “Yes, I'm Sure”, and Now Tick Both the Legal Terms & after that Click "I Accept".
- Read through the information in the pop up window and click , if you are still confident you want to unlock the boot loader.
- Read through and accept the legal terms. Click .
- Enter your name, a valid email adress and the first 14 digits of your phone’s IMEI or MEID number (remove the last digit if necessary). Click . You can view the IMEI or MEID number by entering *#06# on your phone.
- The unlock bootloader key will be sent to your email. Save it for later use.
- Download and install the latest Android SDK from developer.android.com.
- Download and unzip this file. This is the standard android_winusb.inf-file, with a few lines of code added to enable Fastboot to support Sony and Sony Ericsson devices. Make sure you are running Google USB Driver package revision 4 or higher in your Android SDK. You can see current Google USB Driver package revision in the SDK Manager.
- Place the unzipped file in the usb_driver folder, located in the folder on your computer. Accept to replace the old android_winusb.inf-file with the new file. If you can't find the usb_driver folder, please install the Google USB Driver Packager using the Android SDK manager.
- Turn off your phone.
- On your phone, push and hold the Fastboot button [ Volume up button ] at the same time as you connect the phone to the computer with a USB-cable.
- On your computer, you will be asked for drivers. Point to the usb_driver folder where you placed the android_winusb.inf-file, and select the Android Boot loader Interface-file.
- Open a command window and go to the tools folder within the Android SDK folder.
- Enter , and verify that you get a response back (for example "0.3"). This means your phone is connected properly.
- If you perform this step, you will unlock the boot loader. This may void your warranty and/or any warranty from your operator. If you still want to unlock the boot loader of your phone, enter , where KEY is the unlock boot loader key you got in the beginning of this instruction. The boot loader should now be successfully unlocked.
For any more Queries Comment Below.
You Can get all the News Update about this Phone [ Sony Xperia U ] - Here