XOLO Q1000 Opus getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat update, Q700S, Q1010, Q1010i and Q3000 to get next month
XOLO has started rolling out the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for the XOLO Q1000 Opus in India. The Q1000 Opus was originally launched in the India in December 2013 with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. This is the first smartphone from XOLO to receive the 4.4 KitKat update. The update is not available over-the-air, you have to download the update zip file from XOLO website and flash it on your own.
In addition to the news, XOLO has also announced that it will soon be upgrading four more smartphones to latest iteration of Android operating system KitKat in the upcoming weeks.
Starting first with the Q1000 Opus, the update zip file is 293.98MB in size. The update brings Android 4.4.2 KitKat along with revamped dialer and download apps, wireless printing support, colour emoji support, restyled status bar with white icons, camera icon on lock screen and more.
The update also brings the following changes (official change-log):
- Smoother multitasking experience through better memory management
- Upgraded Hangout that supports SMS and MMS integrated in the same application
- Immersive mode that hides everything except the application used
- Smarter caller tool that identifies unknown numbers by using Google Maps data and prioritizes contacts based on the people mostly spoken with
- Redesigned email app with nested folders, contact photos and better navigation
- Integration with Google Drive
To update your XOLO Q1000 Opus to Android 4.4.2 KitKat, you can follow the below given instructions:
- Download the 'XOLO_Q1000_Opus_KitKat_Update.zip' from here, and after downloading rename it to 'update.zip'
- Now connect the phone to PC and make sure USB Storage is turned ON
- After that, copy and paste the downloaded zip file onto your phone memory
- After the copy is over, turn OFF the USB storage and unplug the phone from PC
- Go to 'XOLO Care' app and click on Update tab
- There click on 'Check for software update'
- The phone will automatically detect the 'update.zip' file which you transferred minutes ago
- Lastly click on 'Continue' button and wait until the flashing is over
- The phone will now reboot and wohoo, your Q1000 Opus is now running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Coming to another news, XOLO has officially announced that it will soon be upgrading the XOLO Q700S, Q1010, Q1010i and Q3000 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat starting from June 2014. The company has also revealed that it will be launching new smartphones running on KitKat in the coming months. No word on exact release date yet.