LG Optimus L3 is LG's best budget smartphone anyone can buy today. The smartphone comes with entry-level specifications and runs on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread. The smartphone is suitable for installing ROMs. There are number's of ROMs available for LG Optimus L3. But the one which blew our mind is the CyanogenMod's 9 (also known as CM9 ICS). Before the full detailed procedure on how to update your LG Optimus L3 to CyanogenMod 9 ICS ROM, you need to scroll down and follow the given instructions.
NOTE: We are not responsible for any damage which happens to your phone while flashing CM9 ICS ROM on your Optimus L3 E400. If you face any problem you can comment below and we will try our best to resolve it.
Before moving on to the rooting process you need to do the following work:
- Root your LG Optimus L3 E400 from here
- Install CWM on your LG Optimus L3 E400 from here
- For safety, it's better to take a backup of your data. So in case you lost it, it will be safe
- Backing up the data is necessary and also the call logs, contacts and SMS's. You can back them up by clicking here & here
- The procedure requires minimum charge of 60%. So make sure you have at least 60% battery in your phone
- Lastly, you need to enable USB debugging in order to connect the phone to your PC. For that, go to Settings > Applications > Developments > USB Debugging (check)
After doing all the above stuffs, you can now move to the flashing process:
- Go to CynogenMod site to download the flashing ZIP file, click here
- After downloading the zip file, copy it in your SD card
- Make sure your phone has more than 60% charge
- You have to now switch off the phone, and restart it in recovery mode. To do this press Power Button + Volume Down + Home button together
- Doing this will move you to the CWM recovery mode
- Unfortunately no touch will be detected there, so you have to navigate through volume buttons and select through power button
- There select Wipe data/Factory Reset & Wipe Cache Partition options one by one. Then go to Advance and select Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Press the back button to go back
- Finally, select "Install Zip from SD Card” and then select “Choose zip from SD card”
- Browse the copied ZIP file in your SD card and select and flash it
- The flashing process will take some time
- After the process is over go back and select reboot system now.
- The boot will take about 2-5 mins, as it's normal don't worry. After the booting is done, wohoo you have successfully flashed ICS CM9 ROM on your L3 E400.
You can find more details about LG Optimus L3 from here.