Sony i1 Honami UI and Camera App ported to Xperia Z and other Sony devices
Yesterday we saw many new features that are expected to be introduced on Sony's upcoming flagship device, Sony i1 Honami. The smartphone will feature some great hardware like, Snapdragon 800 CPU, 20MP rear camera with 4K Video recording and more. All these information and few images were leaked from the system dump of Sony Canadian carrier device with model number C6906. It is not sure, whether C6906 refers to Honami, but whichever Sony device it is, it is another device in the same generation.
krabappel2548 has posted out the mod of Sony Honami camera app on this link with the flashing procedure and has also posted some snaps which he took from his Xperia Z running the Honami camera mod. Interestingly the images taken from the Honami mod are fantastically awesome. The clarity is superb and the features work perfectly.
With thanks to DdcCabuslay for sharing the subtle UI changes list with some images of the framework-res showing off the redesigned check boxes, radio buttons, switch and more.
- The title bar and backgrounds for holo apps look similar to the Xperia Z but are not textured. There is apparently noise added to the dark app background, but it's hardly noticeable. It's overall a flatter look.
- Gone is the SoMA font. The UI uses Roboto throughout the system. There are a couple areas, such as the lockscreen clock and the plain digital clock widget, that use a font known as SST.
- Check boxes and radio buttons have a new look. Instead of the check mark/radio being coloured, the background is coloured (when the box is activated).
- Progress bars look more like holo progress bars, except with matching accent colours, like in the 2012 Xperias.
- Sliders and switches are still metallic and have the matching accent trail. The slider itself looks a little bit more refined, but nothing drastically different. Slider trails are not holo, but are not similar to the Xperia Z design.
- Section headers of lists will match the accent, along with dialog titles (as well as dialog dividers like in previous versions).
- Tabs are 3d and do not have any relations to accents, the content inside the tab will match the accent colour whether it's an image or text.
- Transition animations are different, but have some similarities to the Xperia Z's, where it fades and floats up.
Here are some images of what the framework may look like in Honami, based off the default (blue) accent. This is on my Xperia arc with my modded framework-res. Remember, don't look at the apps themselves (I'm using ICS Xperia apps), but the smaller things such as switches, check boxes, radio buttons, action bar, tabs etc.