How to Root & Install ClockworkMod Custom Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
While the original 5-inch phablet is still predating around the battlefields with the flagships, Samsung looks in no mood to give any glimpse of assurance to the opposition to rest in peace as the sequel to the blockbuster has already hit the floor. With twice the processing power and RAM under the hood and with some increase in the screen diagonal, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
The Galaxy Note 2 boasts the most powerful Exynos till date and thinking about the success of the original Note, the developers look in no mood to let this guy settle down with that much of ease without going through the ragging sessions. Rooting the Galaxy Note 2 is definitely not a breaking news in the lot as some developer had already ported the CF root tools to this 5.5 inch, but in this post, we gonna be using the Official CF-tools which have hit the seeds very recently.
Rooting the device is the process of getting the access to the root of the device by hacking into it which facilitates further development and some apps which require root access to function on your device. Rooting your device may void the warranty of your device but meanwhile you get the license to unleash the maximum potential of your device which comes limited under the stock conditions.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps. You can restore data of apps after rooting your phone.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
- Make sure your phone is not locked to any network.
- You must have KIES or Samsung Driver Installed on your PC.
We are not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install ClockworkMod Recovery & Root your Samsung Galaxy Note II -
- Download "cwm6-recovery-n7100-121014.tar" file - Here
- Download "CWM-SuperSU-v0.99.zip" file - Here
- Now Download "Odin3_v3.04.zip" file - Here
- Extract this "Odin3_v3.04.zip" file & you will get .EXE file from that.
- After that Download "Triangle Away v2.37_Aman.apk" file - Here
[ This is the Cracked One I got from BlackMart Alpha ]
- Copy this "CWM-SuperSU-v0.99.zip" file & "Triangle Away v2.37_Aman.apk" into your SD Card. [ Connect the phone to PC & Copy the File & Disconnect it ]
- Now Open "Odin3_v3.04.exe file" & after that Click on PDA Option & Select the "cwm6-recovery-n7100-121014.tar" file. [ STEP 1 ]
- Switch off your phone and boot it into the Download mode by pressing Volume Down + Home + Power simultaneously on your device. After that Press Volume Up button in the WARNING PAGE to Enter the Download Mode.
- Make sure you have completely Installed the Samsung Kies application on your pc ( with all the processes terminated ) and connect the phone using the supplied USB cable.
- If everything goes Correct till now you will see ID:COM Port section turns Light Blue in Background. [ If it doesn't make sure you have Installed all the Drivers ].
- Being done with that, you’re almost home. Now hit the START button as the Installation of CWM will start and terminate within a minute or two with a “PASS” message popping up in the action window which means your phone has successfully Installed the CWM.
- After that Disconnect your Phone from PC.
- Now Reboot the Phone in ClockworkMod Custom Recovery [ Press Volume UP + Home + Power Button all together, Untill the CWM Page Appears. ]
- Now Select Install Zip from SD Card > Now Select Choose Zip from Internal/External SD Card [ Depending where you have Copied the SuperUser Zip File. ]
- After that Flash it On Next Screen.
- You are Done. Now you Must Go Back & Select Reboot System Now.
- After Rebooting Check your App List / Menu for the SuperUser App.
- Now, go to Any File Manager & Install "Triangle Away v2.37_Aman.apk" which you Copied from Step
6. [ Make Sure Unknown Sources is Check In your Settings ]
- After Installing that Open the App. Grant the SuperUser Permission.
Now, Confirm the Device. Now Click on OK.
Now Choose the Option "Reset the Flash Counter", Click "Continue" Now.
- The Note II will reboot in Special Mode to Reset the Counter.
After the Page Opens, Just Click on Volume Up Button. Wait for Some Secs.
- And you are Done.
- You have Successfully Installed ClockworkMod Custom Recovery + Rooted your Device
& Lastly Reset the Flash Counter.
Below is a Video which will Help you for Rooting + Installing CWM + Resetting the Flash Counter.