Micromax Canvas HD getting Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Update, How to Guide Added
Micromax has started rolling out major update for the phablet, Micromax Canvas HD A116. The device is receiving Official Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean update from Micromax. To update your Canvas HD for experiencing the latest Android OS, you must rush to your nearby Micromax Service Center and update your device.
According to MMXNewscaster, the device will be receiving some fix for delay in GPS Location Lock, New Panorama Shot feature in Camera App, Quick Toggle Notifications, Offline Voice typing and some performance improvement. Micromax will be starting the update sessions from Monday onwards. So make sure you rush to your nearby Micromax Service Center on 10th June.
Not interested in waiting, then you can follow the below procedure to update your Canvas HD from Android 4.1.2 to Android 4.2.1 Manually.
NOTE: We are not responsible for any damage to your device. If you haven't done this before, you are better off visiting a service center and getting your phone updated by them. We are not responsible for any harm that might or might not come to your phone as a part of this update.
- Download the Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Update file. - Here or Here (362MB)
- Download the Flash Tool and Drivers. - Here (5.99MB) and Here (3.03MB) resp
- After the download is over, Install the drivers on your PC.
- Then, unzip the Update file and Flash tool file to separate folders on your PC. It better to unzip both the files on your desktop for easy surfing.
- Now, Open the flash_tool application from the flash tool folder (where you have unzipped the flashtool zip file)
- Click on Scatter-loading button and select the scatter loading file from the unzipped update file.
- Now, switch off your Canvas HD, make sure before switching off your Canvas HD, your USB Debugging is Turned On.
- Then, go to options in the menu of flash tool and select USB mode.
- After enabling USB mode, go to options again and go to DA (Download All), under the USB mode click on speed and then click High Speed.
- Now, Go to the Firmware > Upgrade option, click on it then Flash tool will look for your phone.
- After that connect your Canvas HD (in switched off state) to your PC. The Flash Tool will start the flashing of your phone and this process can be seen by a yellow colour progress bar present at the bottom of the Flash Tool.
- Once the process is complete, a green ring will be displaye on the screen.
- After you notice the Green Ring on your PC, disconnect the device from PC and remove the battery once and then switch ON the device.
- While switching on there will be a TP update of your phone, do not touch the display during this update. Once finished, you are good to go.
- Shout Yahooo...!!!, Now your Canvas HD A116 is running Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean. Enjoy and let us know about your experience after switching from 4.1.2 to 4.2.1.
- Source - Moulnisky