Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean test firmware leaked again, how to guide attached
It's almost two weeks when we shared the first Android 4.3 Jelly Bean test firmware for Galaxy S4. That firmware for Galaxy S4 has got a new build, which according to Sammobile is the final build. Which means, nothing will be included or excluded in the future builds of Android 4.3 for Galaxy S4, rather than fixing few bugs and doing some improvement here and there.
Sammobile notes that, Samsung will roll out the Android 4.3 update for Galaxy S4 within 1-2 weeks. The new firmware has got no major changes, expect some minor improvements. The firmware is very stable and the performance has received a significant boost, much faster and lag free than Android 4.2.2.
The Android 4.3 update will bring Samsung KNOX security service and Samsung Wallet. Samsung will also include a new reading mode in the update, which optimises the display for reading the textual content. As per the firmware, Samsung has also improved the functionality of Samsung Keyboard, with minor UI changes.
Below is the how-to guide for installing this leaked firmware on your Galaxy S4, along with full details of the firmware. You can also have a look at the below video by Sammobile, which gives a small look of Android 4.3 (first build) vs Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy S4.
- Model - GT-I9505
- Country - Open Asia
- Version - Android 4.3
- Changelist - 1840064
- Build date - Tue, 8 Oct 2013 23:29:05 +0000
- Product Code - OLB
- PDA - I9505XXUEMJ3
- CSC - I9505OLBEMJ2
- MODEM - I9505XXUEMJ3
You can download theis leaked firmware by clicking the below link.
- Download - I9505XXUEMJ3_I9505OLBEMJ2_OLB.zip
- This firmware will WIPE your device (Perform a backup before flashing)
- This test firmware will NOT increase your binary counter NOR void your warranty.
- This test firmware will NOT trigger your KNOX Warranty Counter (If it's 0×0 before flashing, it will remain 0×0 after flashing and vice versa).
- This test firmware is a pre-release firmware and not official from Samsung.
How to Install the Firmware on your Galaxy S4 -
- Extract (unzip) the firmware file
- Download Odin3 v3.09 (from here or here)
- Extract Odin .ZIP file
- Open Odin3 v3.09
- Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add AP_I9505XXUEMJ3_1840064_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to AP
- Add BL_I9505XXUEMJ3_1840064_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to BL
- Add CP_I9505XXUEMJ3_1840064_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CP
- Add CSC_OLB_I9505OLBEMJ2_1765174_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CSC
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click start button, sit back and wait a few minutes.
- If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
- Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
- Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
- Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!
Source - Sammobile