Android 4.3 Jelly Bean test firmware for Samsung Galaxy S4 leaked, how to guide included
Still waiting for official Android 4.3 update for Galaxy S4, have a stop, folks of Sammobile have got the official test firmware of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S4. Samsung takes a lot of time before the update, this is due to tons of R&D's. The official Android 4.3 update for Galaxy S4 is scheduled Oct/Nov release, and before the update goes live you can have a look at what all changes you will notice after the original update.
According to the Sammobile's post, the new update is very stable and the performance has received a significant boost, much faster and lag free than Android 4.2.2. The update will bring Samsung's own Knox security service and Samsung Wallet. Sammobile reported that, the Knox service works flawlessly on the smartphone, but there are problems with Wallet.
Samsung has also included a new reading mode in the update, which optimises the display for reading the textual content, but only a few specific applications are able to use this feature. It's not yet over, Samsung has also improved the functionality of Samsung Keyboard, with few minor UI changes.
Below is the how-to guide for installing this leaked firmware on your Galaxy S4, along with full details of the firmware, all thanks to Sammobile. You can also have a look at the below video by Sammobile, which gives a small look of Android 4.3 vs Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy S4.
- Model - GT-I9505
- Country - Open Europe
- Version - Android 4.3
- Changelist - 1715731
- Build date - Fri, 20 Sep 2013 18:48:24 +0000
- Product Code - OXA
- PDA - I9505XXUEMI8
- CSC - I9505OXAEMI8
- MODEM - I9505XXUEMI8
To download this firmware hit the below link.
- This test firmware will NOT increase your binary counter NOR void your warranty.
- This test firmware is a pre-release firmware and not official from Samsung.
How to install the firmware on your Galaxy S4 -
- Extract (unzip) the firmware file
- Download Odin3 v3.09 (from here or here)
- Extract Odin .ZIP file
- Open Odin3 v3.09
- Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add AP_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to AP
- Add BL_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar to BL
- Add CP_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CP
- Add CSC_OXA_I9505OXAEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CSC
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click start button, sit back and wait a few minutes.
- If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
- Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
- Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
- Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!
Source - Sammobile