Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy Note II now rolling-out in India, brings lots of changes and features
After such a long wait, Samsung has officially started rolling-out the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy Note II in India and other countries as well. The update is live via over-the-air and also via PC application, Kies. The 4.3 Jelly Bean update is the first major update for Galaxy Note 2, since Samsung decided to skip the Android 4.2 update and move directly to Android 4.3.
The update is rolling-out in phases, so it might take hours to reach on your smartphone. The update is about 700.62MB in size, which is too huge, so we recommend you to use a good WiFi network for updating.
You can manually check for the update by going to Settings > About Phone > Software Update. If you can't get the OTA update, try updating via Kies.
You can find the change-log of the update below, along with few screenshots.
- TRIM support
- OpenGL 3.0 Support
- ANT+ Support
- Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
- Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
- New GPU drivers
- Improved RAM management
- Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
- Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more) and other apps
- New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
- New Camera firmware, Sound & shot
- Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)
- Android 4.3 features – widget lockscreen, daydream
Via - Sammobile
Thanks Rohan for the images