OnePlus One custom ROM based on Android 5.0 Lollipop launched
After the temporary ban that the Delhi High Court issues for OnePlus following the infringement of exclusivity filed by Micromax, the Chinese vendor assured that it will be rolling out a custom ROM for its OnePlus One smartphone. It was also claimed that this ROM will be based on Android 5.0 Lollipop platform.
As assured, OnePlus has officially released the alpha version of the ROM based on Android 5.0 Lollipop for the OnePlus One. Notably, this is a stock AOSP that is sans additional features and users of the smartphone will have to flash this new ROM on their device.
The process calls for the TWRP custom recovery to be installed on the device alongside a ZIP file with GApps package which contains Google services such as Play Store, Gmail and others. It is recommended that users backup all the data stored on the smartphone before proceeding for the process.
Furthermore, OnePlus has detailed the possible bugs that users of the One smartphone will encounter after installing this custom ROM.
- Data roaming is on by default. Make sure to turn if off to avoid potential charges.
- As always, flashing a custom ROM incurs the risk of bricking your phone. Make sure you know what you’re doing and backup everything.
- Camera and video may be unstable. This build supports 4k video, however quality may be low as we are still fine-tuning the camera.
- Capacitive keys do not turn off when you enable software keys.
- Clock crashes periodically.
- If using the new app pinning feature in L, make sure to turn on the software keys first. Otherwise, you will have to reboot your machine.
- On first boot, startup time will be a bit slow. Rest assured we will speed things up in the future.
- Wi-Fi may be unstable.
- This build is not eligible for OTA updates.
It remains unknown if OnePlus will be rolling out this custom ROM via OTA to the Indian users of the One smartphone or if it will be rolled out globally.
For flashing procedure, click here.