New Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S3 Leaked
While everyone is patiently waiting for Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy S3, and the folks of Sammobile has already got their hands on this upcoming firmware. The firmware (JDQ39-I9300XXUFME3) which was leaked by Sammobile last month has got an update with some new enhancement and new features. The latest build of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware is JDQ39-I9300XXUFME7.
The firmware details is listed below:
- Android Version - 4.2.2 Jelly Bean – JDQ39
- PDA - I9300XXUFME7
- CSC - I9300OXAFME7
- MODEM - I9300XXUFME7
- Changelist - 702147 (Previous leak - I9300XXUFME3 = 611730)
- Build Date: 21 May 2013
The flashing procedure can be found below:
- Unzip the Downloaded file. (I9300XXUFME7_I9300OXAFME7_OXA.zip)
- Open Odin 3.04. (Included in the firmware package)
- Restart phone in download mode. (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
- Connect phone to PC via USB cable and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin.
- Add I9300XXUFME7_I9300OXAFME7_I9300XXUFME7_HOME.tar.md5 to PDA.
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked.
- Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes.
- After the flashing is over, restart the phone into recovery mode (Home+ Power + Volume Up)
- Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
- Then choose reboot and you are good to go with 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
New enhancement in Android 4.2.2 Update:
- New S4 Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- New Additions in Notification Center
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the S4)
- Addition of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- Gallery modes have white background (When changing gallery modes to 3D the background changes to white)
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from S4)
- New smart switch widget