LG officially unveils LG G2, Full HD display, Snapdragon 800 CPU, LTE-A Support and more
So, the rumours and leaks were all true. After such a long wait and string of leaks, LG has officially unveiled the LG G2 today at an ongoing press event in New York City. LG G2 is the first LG smartphone to come with LTE-A connectivity and is the world's first smartphone to come with world's slimmest Full HD panel, which is just 2.2mm thick. LG G2 will come in Black and White colour options with LG's newest invention QuickWindow covers, which is similar to Samsung's S-View cover.
LG G2 comes with an 5.2-inch Full HD IPS 1920x1080p resolution display running 2.26GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor along with Adreno 330 Graphics, which is one of the best CPU and GPU available in the market now. The smartphone comes with 2GB LPDDR3 800MHz RAM, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with LG's customized User Interface, 16GB/32GB internal storage with 64GB expandable memory using microSD card, 3000mAh battery and 13MP rear camera with OIS tech (first time ever on smartphone) along with 2.1MP front facing camera.
LG G2 is 8.9mm thick and weights 143 grams and comes with a very welcome 423PPI density to keep things crisp. The bezels of the smartphone is only 2.65mm thick. According to LG, LG G2 will be released over 130 wireless carriers in the next eight weeks starting in South Korea followed by North America, Europe and other markets. Release dates will vary from one carrier to another.
Specs & Features of LG G2 -
- Display -
- Screen - 5.2-inch Full HD True IPS+
- Resolution - 1920x1080p
- Density - 243PPI
- Thickness - 8.9mm
- Weigh - 143 grams
- Processor - 2.26GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800
- Graphics - Adreno 330
- Android OS - 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- RAM - 2GB
- Camera -
- Rear - 13MP with OIS tech
- Front - 2.1MP
- Storage - 16GB/32GB internal, 64GB expandable using microSD card
- Battery - 3000mAh
- Additional Features - Answer Me, Plug & Pop, Text Link, QuickRemote, Slide Aside and Guest Mode
LG has done many software tweaks on the smartphone to improve and offer awesome features. Some of them which can define right now are as follows,
- Answer Me - Automatically answers the call after lowering the ringtone when the phone is raised to one's ear. The handset is just picked up and held up to the user's ear and the call will be answered.
- Plug & Pop - Recommends options or related features to choose from when the earphone or USB cable is detected.
- Text Link - Allows information embedded in text messages to be selected and easily saved in a memo or calendar and searched on a map or the internet.
- QuickRemote - Not only can LG G2 be used to remotely control popular home entertainment devices, it can also learn from conventional remotes and be customized to operate multiple devices with flexible layouts and keys.
- Slide Aside - Enables easier multitasking by simply "sliding" open apps off to the side using a three-finger swipe.
- Guest Mode - Protects owner's privacy by displaying only pre-selected apps when guests access the phone with a secondary unlock pattern.