Sony Xperia Z1 name confirmed via Honami mockup, High-res images of Black & White Sony Honami leaks out
Sony Honami is the worst Sony secret ever, it's actually the worst ever secret of 2013. The smartphone has been spotted, leaked and rumoured dozens of times. And finally the officially announcement is around the corner and the leaks are flowing with more speed. Sony has released the first teaser video of Sony Xperia Z1, which is a combination of all teaser pictures we've seen so far and gives us no new details.
First of all, the official retail name of Sony Honami is confirmed to be Xperia Z1 via Honami mock up images. The images not only confirms the retail name but also reveals the model number of Honami - L39h and also gives us a better idea of the size of the smartphone.
Meanwhile, dozens of High-res images of Sony Honami, both in Black and White have been leaked online, which reveals nothing new, rather than showing off the handset from every single angle and again confirming the 1/2.3" 20.7MP camera sensor. In addition, one more image of Sony Honami with USB charger connected to it was spotted on Facebook, which reveals the dedicated LED notifications indicator.
The notification LED is placed at a new position, and not at the bottom nor on the top left corner, but this time Sony has placed the LED notification indicator just above the front Sony Logo, as you can see in the image below.
Also, the Telecommunication Equipment Certification Center in China has given the Sony Xperia Z1 a network license allowing it to operate on the country's mobile networks. However, the Certification Center has also leaked four snapshots of the smartphone from the front, back and two of its sides.
If you are still unaware of Sony Xperia Z1 technical specifications and features, then here they are -
- 5.0-inch Full HD Triluminos OptiContrast X-Reality Engine display
- 2.3GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 800 processor
- Android 4.2.2 with revamped Xperia UI
- 16GB/32GB internal memory
- microSD card support
- Adreno 330 graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 1/2.3-inch 20.7MP Exmor RS rear Camera with Sony G lens, Cybershot Camera UI, Dedicated Camera Shutter key, LED Flash and Mobile BIONZ Image processing
- Rear camera capable of recording 4K videos
- 2.2MP Exmor R front camera, capable of processing 1080p Full HD Images and Videos
- NFC, One Touch Sharing, Wi-Fi Miracast, Bluetooth 4.0, S-Master MX Mobile Audio Amplifier
- 3000mAh Battery with improved STAMINA mode
- IP 55/57 dust and water resistance. No flap on audio jack
- IR Remote
Sony Xperia Z1 is going to get announced on 4th September at IFA Trade Fair 2013, which is going to be held in Berlin. Sony will not only release Sony Xperia Z1 in that event, but Sony is also rumoured to showcase their interchangeable lens for smartphones, which is reported to be called as EspressOn. September 4th is not too far, only one more week wait and then the years biggest Trade Fair will start with a Dhoom.