Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 and GT-I9505 now rolling-out officially
Samsung has started rolling out the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy S4 recently. The update is currently available for both the Galaxy S4 variants, the GT-I9500 (Exynos variant) and GT-I9505 (Snapdragon 800 variant). The first country to get the Android 4.3 update for GT-I9505 is Germany, whereas Russia is the first country to get the update for GT-I9500. The update is available via both Kies and OTA (over-the-air).
The official change-log is not yet available from Samsung, but as per Sammobile report, the update brings the following list of changes.
NOTE: The Android 4.3 update for Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 lacks the OpenGL 3.0 and Galaxy Gear support, rest all the changes are same as the GT-I9505.
- OpenGL 3.0
- Galaxy Gear Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- ANT+ Support
- Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
- Pre-loaded Samsung Wallet
- Improved RAM management
- Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
- Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more)
- New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
- New Camera firmware
- Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)