Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy Note II already available at Jammu-based Samsung service centre, OTA update on its way
While everyone waits for the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy Note II, a Note II user from Jammu, India has received this much-awaited update from none-other-than Jammu based Samsung service centre. The Galaxy S3 and the Galaxy S4 has already got their Android 4.3 Jelly Bean updates, and now a report by a Twitter user Bhanu suggests that he was able to get his phone updated to Android 4.3 from a Jammu-based Samsung service centre.
The update brings host of changes along, like Galaxy Gear support, TouchWiz Nature UX 2.0 user interface, tabbed lock-screen and more. You can have a look at the detailed-unofficial change-log below.
- OpenGL 3.0 Support
- ANT+ Support
- Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
- Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
- Improved RAM management
- Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
- Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more)
- New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
- New Camera firmware
- Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)
There is no word on when the update will be released officially, but Samsung has promised to deliver the update by November-end/December-start. You can also have a look at few snapshots of Note II running Android 4.3 JB below.
Source - Twitter (deleted)