4.7-inch Samsung Galaxy Core Advance with physical keys, 1.2GHz processor announced
Samsung has officially announced a new mid-range smartphone in its ever-growing Galaxy series today. Dubbed as Samsung Galaxy Core Advance, the smartphone will be offered in Deep Blue and Pearl White colours, and will be commercially available globally in early 2014. A range of dedicated accessories that enhance Galaxy Core Advance's capability will also be available separately.
The smartphone also delivers range of smart features, including S Voice, S Translator, Sound & Shot, Group Play and Easy Mode. The Galaxy Core Advance also provides convenient usability functions and enhanced accessibility features for disabled and visually impaired users. Key usability and accessibility features include,
- Optical Scan that automatically recognizes text from an image and reads it aloud to the user.
- Light Sensing technology that uses the device’s camera to sense light direction and brightness.
- Instant Voice Recorder that offers simplified access to make quick voice notes.
- Screen Curtain that enables users to operate commands on a black screen to ensure privacy and saves battery life.
- High-quality TTS (Text-to-Speech) functionalities and Voice Guided Camera functions to help users take pictures by reading out the number of faces detected and their standing location.
Specifications-wise, Samsung Galaxy Core Advance comes with a 4.7-inch TFT WVGA display, 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 1GB RAM, Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, 3G & NFC support, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS+GLONASS and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n.
The device is 9.7mm thick and weighs 145 grams, and also comes with 5MP AF rear camera with LED flash, 0.3MP (VGA) front facing camera, 8GB internal storage with 64GB microSD card support & 2,000 mAh battery.
Source - Samsung