WhatsApp for Android update brings new privacy settings to hide last seen, profile photo and status, save profile photo and more
WhatsApp has finally released a new update for Android which brings the much awaited privacy settings. The new update brings new Privacy options under Account section in Settings. Now, you can finally hide your "Last Seen", "Profile Photo" and "Status" from anyone. This feature was already available for iPhone users, and now that the Android users have it too.
Using the new privacy feature, you can allow everyone to see your personal info (last seen, profile pic and status) or only your contacts or nobody. The iOS version of WhatsApp only has the ability to hide the last seen information.
Along with this new feature, the update brings several other features as well, like,
- Pay for a friend - You can now gift from 1, 3 or 5 year subscription option to a friend using Google Wallet, PayPal or sending payment link.
- Save profile photo - WhatsApp for Android now also allows you to save anyone's profile photo and even share it.
- See status update time - You can now also see the time or date of when the status was updated the last time (needs a contact list refresh after installing the updated APK file).
- Redesigned video thumbnail
- Number of WhatsApp contacts
In addition, the notification options for broadcast messages have been removed and muting the group now makes it completely silent and only when you open the app you would know about new messages from a group.
This new WhatsApp update is not yet available on the Google Play Store, but you can download the new WhatsApp v2.11.169 update APK file from the official WhatsApp website -- click here to download.
Via - GSMArena