Android 4.4.2 KitKat update now rolling out for Sony Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z
Sony has started rolling out the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for its last year Xperia line-up devices. As promised last month, the KitKat update is now rolling out for Sony Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z in select markets. The update is rolling out in batches, so it might take few weeks to reach other countries.
There is no word on when the update will be rolled out in India, but it may happen soon, maybe in a week or two. Sony has also announced that the Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia E1 and the Xperia M2 will get the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update starting from July.
The update brings Android 4.4.2 KitKat along with Project Svelte optimizations, updated Hangouts with SMS/MMS support, wireless printing support, immersive mode, colour emoji support, updated downloads and dialer app and more. Here is the full official change-log of the update:
- Google’s Android 4.4 KitKat as standard – bringing performance & UI optimisation
- Tweaked Status Bar and Quick Settings – now more intuitive and customisable (and pretty easy on the eye) and cleaned up to ensure you only get the notifications you really need
- Sony PlayStation 4, new user interface – we’ve added the same sleek launch animation and livewallpaper across the lock and home screens
- Sony’s entire native app portfolio to the latest versions – bringing tweaked / improved / current experiences for (to name but a few): Messaging, Email, MyXperia, Smart Connect, Small apps, TrackID, TrackID TV, Sony Select, Smart Social Camera and Battery STAMINA Mode
- Sony’s Media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies, with Sony Entertainment Network cloud service integration – a more converged and full Sony entertainment experience – Sony Entertainment Network & PlayMemories integration with a more intuitive UI, better download speeds, and more...
- Custom interface experience: “Xperia Themes”, with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select – skin up to 280 assets across your Xperia smartphone with a variety of styles.
- Compatibility with our SmartWear Experience: SmartBand SWR10 and Lifelog app