Android 4.4 KitKat update now rolling out for Sony Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia E1 and M2 to follow soon
Sony has officially announced that it has started rolling out the Android 4.4 KitKat update for Sony Xperia T2 Ultra and Xperia T2 Ultra Dual. The update would be rolling out across the world in the coming weeks over-the-air (OTA). As always, the timing and availability of the update will vary by market & carrier. Sony has also revealed that the KitKat update for Xperia M2, M2 Dual and Xperia E1 would be rolled out soon.
The update brings Android 4.4.2 KitKat along with Project Svelte optimizations, updated Hangouts with SMS/MMS support, wireless printing support, immersive mode, colour emoji support, updated downloads and dialer app and more.
Here is the complete official change-log of the update:
- Google’s Android 4.4 KitKat as standard – bringing performance & UI optimisation
- Tweaked Status Bar and Quick Settings – now more intuitive and customisable (and pretty easy on the eye) and cleaned up to ensure you only get the notifications you really need
- Sony PlayStation 4, new user interface – we’ve added the same sleek launch animation and livewallpaper across the lock and home screens
- Sony’s entire native app portfolio to the latest versions – bringing tweaked / improved / current experiences for (to name but a few): Messaging, Email, MyXperia, Smart Connect, Small apps, TrackID, TrackID TV, Sony Select, Smart Social Camera and Battery STAMINA Mode
- Sony’s Media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies, with Sony Entertainment Network cloud service integration – a more converged and full Sony entertainment experience – Sony Entertainment Network & PlayMemories integration with a more intuitive UI, better download speeds, and more...
- Custom interface experience: “Xperia Themes”, with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select – skin up to 280 assets across your Xperia smartphone with a variety of styles.
- Compatibility with our SmartWear Experience: SmartBand SWR10 and Lifelog app
- Ability to move apps to SD card