Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for HTC One X+ rolling out in Taiwan
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for HTC One X+ is now rolling out in Taiwan. HTC One X+ is the second HTC smartphone to receive this update, after HTC rolled out the same update for their this year flagship device HTC One. The update is live via OTA (over-the-air). As the update is rolled out in phases it may take few days to reach on your smartphone. This update for One X+ brings many new features including the HTC Sense 5.0, which was introduced later this year in February.
The update brings new software number which is 2.17.709.2 and is 484.58MB in size. You can manually check for the update by going to Settings > About Phone > Software Updates. Make sure you have 3G/WiFi connection ready before you start the updating process. Any interruption during the update can harm your smartphone.
Below is the list of changes you will see after the update is flashed successfully on your smartphone. Currently HTC has released the update only in Taiwan and there is no word on when the update will be available in other regions, but we don't expect to see too much delay.
- Android 4.2.2 and Sense 5 update
- HTC BlinkFeed integration
- New lock screen style: Widget Power
- Show battery level in status bar
- Add sleep mode option in Power settings Notification
- Quick Settings panel: 12 deafult settins by new touch gesture (scroll the notification using two-finger)
- AE/AF lock feature: Lock Exposure/Focus at viewfinder screen
- Video Highlights: 30 seconds show in 12 different themes
- Music channel: Visualization with live lyrics* (*Only the lyrics which are available on the server will be shown on the device.)
- Chinese dictionary update
Source - HTC Taiwan