Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for HTC Butterfly now rolling out in India
HTC India has officially started rolling out the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for HTC Butterfly in India. HTC Butterfly was launched in India way back in January, and was the most costliest smartphone in India for more than four months, the place is now replaced by Samsung's Galaxy Note 3, which has been launched in India for Rs. 49,990, half a lakh. The update is available via OTA (over-the-air) and brings all new features and improvements of Android 4.2.2 alongside HTC's customized Sense 5.0 UI.
You can manually check for the update by going to Settings > About Phone > Software Update and click on check now. Make sure you have high speed internet connection ready on your smartphone, before updating your device.
'Upgrade to the BlinkFeed on your HTC Butterfly! Android 4.2.2 is out now. Announcements for other handsets to come soon.'
— HTC India (@HTC_IN) September 19, 2013
The official change-log is not yet available, but still the common changes which will be noticed are listed below. If you have received Android 4.2.2 update on your Butterfly, then do let us know your reviews about the update in the comment section below, till then have a look below.
- Android 4.2.2 and Sense 5 update
- HTC BlinkFeed
- New Lock screen style widget
- Show battery level in status bar
- Add sleep mode option in Power settings
- Quick Settings panel: 12 deafult settins by new touch gesture (scroll the notification using two-finger)
- AE/AF lock feature: Lock Exposure/Focus at viewfinder screen
- Video Highlights: 30 seconds show in 12 different themes
- Music channel: Visualization with live lyrics