6-inch LG G Flex with curved OLED display now official, features self-repairing back cover
After loads of leaks and rumours, LG has officially announced its much-awaited curved display smartphone, the LG G Flex in South Korea today. LG tags G Flex as the World's First "REAL" curved smartphone. According to LG's press release, the smartphone will land on all three major carriers in it's homeland, next month, where the phone will face tough competition with Samsung Galaxy Round. The smartphone comes with array of new UX features, along with a new innovation, self-repairing back cover.
- QTheater - gives users quick access to photos, videos and YouTube right from the lock screen. By touching the screen and dragging outward along the curved surface with both fingers, the apps appear with the effect of theater curtains being drawn.
- Dual Window - divides the wide 6-inch screen into two separate windows for more effective multitasking.
- Swing Lockscreen - alters the image on the lockscreen depending on how the G Flex is held.
- Face Detection Indicator - displays the LED on the Rear Key in green to confirm status of face detection and focus.
- Camera Timer - flashes the Rear Key LED to indicate that the countdown has begun.
- Urgent Call Alert - flashes the LED on the Rear Key in red when several consecutive calls from the same person go unanswered.
The LG G Flex back cover comes with self-healing technology, since it is coated with some special material, which helps in getting rid of scratches on the phone within minutes. It's not entirely clear how this works.
Feature-wise, the G Flex comes with a 6-inch HD Curved Plastic OLED (Real RGB) display, 2.26GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 450MHz Adreno 330 graphics, 2GB LP DDR3 RAM, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with LG's customized UI on top.
Other specifications include, 13MP rear camera with LED flash, 2.1MP front facing camera, 32GB internal storage with microSD card support, and 3,500 mAh battery. The dimensions of G Flex are 160.5x81.6x7.9-8.7 (the thickness of the phone depends on the point of its curve), while it weighs 177 grams.
Connectivity series include, 4G LTE-A/LTE, 3G HSPA+, Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP, USB 2.0 (USB 3.0 compatible), WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and NFC.
There is no word on pricing, and international availability is yet unknown. But we hope to hear some or the other news in upcoming days.
Source - LG
Via - GSMArena