Google Now Launcher now available on Google Play Store, but only for Google Play Edition and Nexus devices
Google launched the Nexus 5 with Android 4.4 KitKat pre-installed, which brought the Google Experience launcher, which was exclusive to Nexus 5. Google then later-on renamed the launcher from Google Experience to Google Now. Now after four months of release, Google has finally made the launcher available on Google Play Store for Google Play Edition and Nexus devices.
The launcher is no more exclusive to Nexus 5.
The Google Now Launcher brings Google Now right into the homescreen. With Google Now launcher, you are just a swipe away from accessing Google Now. You can also access Google Now by just saying the hotword "Ok Google" when on home-screen, using this you can easily perform all the Google Now actions like calling someone, scheduling a meeting, setting an alarm, opening a app and more.
Key features of Google Now Launcher:
- Google Now on your home screen - it's easier than ever to get just the right information at just the right time.
- Just say "Ok Google" - when you're on your home screen, just say "Ok Google" to trigger voice input. Then say your search query. Or tell your phone what to do, like send a text message, get directions, or play a song (available in the US, UK, and Canada).
- Faster search - tap the search box and you can enter your query immediately.
- Easy access to your favorite Google products and services, like Gmail, YouTube, and Maps.
- Larger viewing area - the status and navigation bars are now translucent, so your wallpaper pops from every pixel, and is even visible when you expand your apps drawer (when supported by device).
- Intuitive wallpaper picker - select any image that's stored on your device, or in the cloud. Position and preview your wallpaper before you set it.
To download Google Now launcher on your Nexus or GPe device, click here.