Android 4.4 KitKat update now rolling out to International LG G2 and Korean Optimus G Pro
LG has finally started rolling out the Android 4.4 KitKat update for the international LG G2. The update was first rolled out in Korea in late-December 2013 and then in the last week of February it was available for AT&T users. Now the international LG G2 has started getting the update. The update is available for download via OTA (over-the-air), no word on file size.
Since, the updates are rolled out in batches, it might take few hours or days or weeks to reach on your smartphone. You can manually check for the update by going to Settings > About Phone > Software Update.
Along with latest Android 4.4 KitKat operating system, the update also brings faster performance, better battery life and enhanced Knock On feature. Usual KitKat goodies include immersive interface, camera improvements, cloud-print support and more. The most noticeable change is the change in status bar icons, from blue to pure white.
You can read the official change-log of the update below:
- Improved user interface with Android 4.4 KitKat: The latest version of Android includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, improved closed captioning support, and stronger security.
- Improved battery efficiency: the phone plays music more efficiently and supports the battery-saving location mode, extending battery life.
- Faster processing speed: The latest version of Android provides a noticeable speed boost that runs applications 17 percent faster than before and web-browsing speed is mproved with the Chromium engine.
- Printing in the Cloud: Google Cloud Printer makes it simple to print documents via Wi-Fi or a Bluetooth connection.
- Enhanced “Knock On” feature: The responsiveness of LG’s Knock On feature has been improved.
In related to the news, LG has also started rolling out the KitKat update for LG Optimus G Pro in South Korea. The update is currently rolling out to SKT and LG U+ G Pro's, while KTF will get the update by March-end. The update brings similar KitKat goodies and improved performance. No word on international roll-out yet.