After leaking the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware for Samsung Galaxy S3, Sammobile are back with their new leak. This time they have spotted out the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware of Galaxy Grand Duos. The official Android 4.2.2 build for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos was sent to Sammobile by one of their insider. To remind you all, Samsung Galaxy S4 was the first Samsung device to run on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and from that time, Samsung is launching their smartphones and tablets with the same Android OS, even the mid-low-end Galaxy Ace 3 is running on 4.2.2 JB.
Unfortunately, Samsung's last year hit Galaxy S3 is still missing Android 4.2.2, even the Galaxy Note 2 and original Galaxy Note. And now the list has added Galaxy Grand duos too in it. Back to Galaxy Grand firmware leak, the firmware which is leaked by Sammobile is a test build and is not yet ready for daily consumption, but adventurous users can certainly give it a try.
As said in the beginning, the new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy Grand Duos packs many new features like the transparent notification bar, Smart Stay, Light Effect Lockscreen, Day Dream, Page Buddy, New setting layout, expandable quick toggle, lockscreen widget and improved battery life. According to Sammobile, this leaked firmware is pretty fast compared with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
There is no word on when Samsung will be releasing the final and stable version of this firmware update, but Sammobile notes that Samsung is planning to release Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy Grand Duos with other tablets in this quarter, may in a month or two.
Procedure for flashing Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos,
- Download the firmware from here.
- Backup Everything you need before flashing.
- After downloading, Unzip the file.
- Open Odin 3.07 (already included in the firmware package)
- Turn Off the smartphone and Restart it in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons together for some secs)
- After the download mode is open, connect the phone to PC via USB Cable.
- After Connecting the device, wait for Odin to give you a Blue signal
- Add CODE_I9082XXUBMF2_871997_REV05_user_mid_noship.tar.md5 to CODE
- Add CSC_OXA_I9082OXABMF2_871997_REV05_user_mid_noship.tar.md5 to CSC
- Add MODEM_I9082XXUBMF2_REV05.tar.md5 to MODEMAdd baffin.pit to PIT
- Make sure re-partition IS ticked
- Recheck everything and then click on flash, sit back and wait a few minutes.
- After the flashing is over, restart the phone and you will be running the leaked 4.2.2 Firmware on your Galaxy Grand Duos
- Still if you encounter any issues with the firmware like any FC, Bootloop etc, then boot the smartphone into recovery mode (Home+ Power + Volume Up)
- Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
- Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!
Source - Sammobile