LG to launch LG G2 in India on 30th September, to land in India for less than Rs. 43,000, confirmed
After teasing the smartphone on it's social media channels for quite a week, LG has started sending out press invites to all the Indian tech press media for attending the event on 30th September, where the company will launch it's all new LG G2 in India. The smartphone will be launched in India on 30th September in an event in New Delhi. Similar to Samsung and Sony launch, LG will also live stream the event on YouTube.
LG G2 was originally announced last month in New York, being the world's first smartphone to come with power button and volume buttons placed on the back of the phone, underneath the camera. LG G2 is also the world's first smartphone to feature OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) technology on a 13MP rear sensor.
According to our official sources, LG G2 will be landing in India for much less than Rs. 43,000. Our sources confirms that the minimum price tag of G2 would be around Rs. 40,000 and the maximum would be Rs. 43,000, that means, LG will launch G2 inbetween Rs. 40K-Rs. 43K.
Feature-wise, LG G2 comes with a 5.2-inch Full HD IPS display, 2.26GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, Adreno 330 graphics, 2GB RAM, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with LG's customized User Interface, 16GB/32GB internal storage with 64GB expandable memory using microSD card, 3000mAh battery and 13MP rear camera with OIS tech along with 2.1MP front facing camera.
The smartphone is 8.9mm thick and weights 143 grams and comes with a very welcome 423PPI density to keep things crisp. The side bezels of the smartphone is only 2.65mm thick.
LG has done many software tweaks on the smartphone to improve and offer awesome features, some of them are:
- Answer Me - Automatically answers the call after lowering the ringtone when the phone is raised to one's ear. The handset is just picked up and held up to the user's ear and the call will be answered.
- Plug & Pop - Recommends options or related features to choose from when the earphone or USB cable is detected.
- Text Link - Allows information embedded in text messages to be selected and easily saved in a memo or calendar and searched on a map or the internet.
- QuickRemote - Not only can LG G2 be used to remotely control popular home entertainment devices, it can also learn from conventional remotes and be customized to operate multiple devices with flexible layouts and keys.
- Slide Aside - Enables easier multitasking by simply "sliding" open apps off to the side using a three-finger swipe.
- Guest Mode - Protects owner's privacy by displaying only pre-selected apps when guests access the phone with a secondary unlock pattern.
Press Invite Image Credit - BGR India