Samsung Galaxy Note 3 officially announced, 5.7-inch FHD sAMOLED display, 1.9GHz Octa Core and 2.3GHz Quad-Core processor and more
Samsung has at least unveiled the next generation Galaxy Note series device today at press event held in Berlin at IFA 2013. The company has officially announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 along with Samsung Galaxy Gear and Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition). The successor of Galaxy Note 2, comes with pretty cool, amazing and mind-blowing specifications and features. The new Note 3 comes along with 5 major features, we will talk about them later inside the post.
"Samsung GALAXY Note 3 is a powerful, original approach that enables users to tell the stories of their lives through dynamic and seamless expressions of their passions across work, play and life experiences. With a simple click of the S Pen button, users can unlock opportunities for self-expression, features that transform everyday activities into extraordinary events and access to new experiences delivered to them on Note 3's larger screen," said JK Shin, CEO and President of IT & Mobile Division at Samsung Electronics.
The new S Pen reinvents and modernizes the classic note-taking experience by providing the ability to accomplish everyday tasks with just one click. A simple click of the S Pen button while hovering over the screen introduces users to Air Command feature, a bag of five powerful features that truly make tasks easier and faster.
The Air Command feature provides access to the following key functions:
- Action Memo allows users to handwrite a note, and automatically execute a function or convert that handwritten information into formatted content. Action Memo can instantly initiate a call, add to contacts, look up an address on a map, search the web, save a task to a to-do list, and more
- Scrapbook enables users to organize or track down content and information from various sources including the web, YouTube and Gallery in one place so that users can easily look back at collected content all at once. When consumers save content for future use, Scrapbook also collects source material or URLs allowing them to easily refer back to the original source.
- Screen Write feature captures the full screen image of the current page on the device and allows users to write comments or additional information onto the captured image.
- S Finder allows users to expansively search for content on their device regardless of the type. By putting in keywords or filters such as date, location, and content type, users can search related documents, events, communication threads, and even the Help page – all in one place. In addition, users can also search for hand-written content in their Notes and memo applications, as well as symbols and formulas.
- Pen Window allows users to use the S Pen not only for drawing sketches or writing notes, but now also for opening a small application window for a true multitasking experience. Simply by drawing a window of any size, anywhere on the screen, users can easily and quickly open another application window such as YouTube, calculator or Browser without pausing current activity on the screen.
In addition, the new S Note presents a comprehensive solution that enables consumers to easily write, organize, edit and browse notes with a user-friendly interface and the Easy Chart feature. Samsung has also included a new application on Galaxy Note 3, dubbed as My Magazine, which provides a personalized news, social media, entertainment and in-the-moment content experience. The application is similar to Flipboard and function exactly like it.
With the new and improved Multi Window, users can toggle seamlessly between applications without closing the window or opening a new page. Consumers can also run one application in two windows at the same time.
For example, users can read the news in one browser while conducting a web search in another, or send an instant message through ChatON to a friend while reading a message from another friend.
It's not yet over, Samsung has also improved the Group Play application on the Note 3. Originally introduced along with the Galaxy S4, Group Play allows users to play the same music, to play games together, and to share documents. But, with the new Group Play app, consumers can even share videos and play content together with their friends simultaneously. Users can connect up to five devices alongside each other to create a "big screen" viewing experience.
Coming to the specifications part, the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes with an 5.7-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display, 2.3GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor (LTE variant) and 1.9GHz Octa Core processor (Cortex A15 1.9GHz ＋ Cortex A7 1.3GHz), Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with TouchWiz Nature UX 2.0 on top of it and 3GB RAM.
Other specifications include, 13MP Auto Focus rear camera with BSI Sensor, Smart Stabilization and LED Flash (High CRI) along with 2MP front facing camera with BSI Sensor and Smart Stabilization. The phablet also comes with wide range of camera features, like dual camera, Drama shot, Sound & shot and more. Galaxy Note 3 comes with 32GB/64GB internal storage with 64GB expandable memory using microSD card and 3,200 mAh battery.
The phablet is 8.3mm thick and weighs 168 grams. There is no word on when the smartphone will be launched in India, and what will be the pricing, but looking at depreciation of rupee in the country, the phablet would cost more than Rs. 45,000 surely. Stay tuned for more information on Galaxy Note 3 India launch.